Fire Safety Courses
Price: £60.00 + VAT
The QNUK Level 1 Award in Fire Awareness at Work is designed to help employees recognise fire safety issues in the workplace, and understand how to react when the fire alarm sounds.
If a fire occurs within your workplace, you do not want your employees to panic the Fire Awareness at Work course gives learners the knowledge of what to do in the event of a fire and how to prevent a fire from occurring. It also looks at the legal responsibilities both of the individual and the organisation.
The Fire Safety Course is fully customisable and helps organisations to meet their responsibilities. This training helps to fulfil an employer’s legal duty to train all their staff in fire safety.
Who Should Attend?
This course is ideal for all personnel and will give a basic understanding of roles and responsibilities regarding fire safety and fire prevention.
It is intended for all employees and can be used as an induction to fire safety in the workplace or as a refresher course.
All employees including:
- those with no specific fire-safety role
- those undertaking induction training
- as an introduction for those who intend to move on to further fire-safety training
- State the main causes of fires in the workplace
- Outline the main costs of fires in the workplace for employers, employees and society
- State their own duties and responsibilities in relation to fire safety at work
- State the duties and responsibilities of fire wardens and other people who may be required to take action as part of fire risk controls or during an emergency
- Describe the action to be taken in the event of a fire in the workplace, including methods of raising the alarm and contacting the emergency services
- List the key elements for effective fire risk management in the workplace
- Outline how the components of the fire triangle can be used to control fire risks
- List active and passive fire risk control measures
- Outline fire prevention measures that can be taken to minimise fire risks
- State the safe operating parameters for the use of portable fire-fighting equipment
- Outline simple checks for ensuring that fire safety equipment is serviceable and safe to use
Learners may also wish to attend the QNUK Level 2 Award in Fire Safety for Fire Marshals (RQF)
For group bookings – The delivery of this course can be tailored to meet the needs of the organisation. This may include undertaking a fire evacuation at the organisation’s premises. Additional time may be required on these bespoke courses.
We are currently offering this course at a special discounted price. To find out more please contact us.
Price: £95.00 + VAT
The QNUK Level 2 Award in Fire Safety for Fire Marshals this course is aimed at anyone involved in the management of fire safety in any workplace. It is particularly useful for employees who are to have a designated responsibility for workplace fire safety, for example as fire wardens or fire marshals and provides the knowledge that will allow them to carry out duties relating to fire safety and emergency procedures.
This course is suitable for those who are responsible for overseeing fire safety, designated fire marshals and anyone who needs to know how to use a fire extinguisher in the workplace. Fire Safety training for staff is a legal requirement in the UK under The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (FSO) which came into effect in October 2006.
Who Should Attend?
The Level 2 Award in Fire Safety for Fire Marshals is aimed at anyone involved in the management of fire safety in any workplace. This includes managers, supervisors, team leaders, fire wardens, fire marshals and staff working in any area where there is a potential risk of fire.
The QNUK Level 2 Award in Fire Safety for Fire Marshals course is designed to be relevant to most workplaces, as there are many shared fire hazards and risks, e.g. electrical appliances and people. This course is suitable for employees who may be part of a first response team or have specific fire safety responsibilities to management.
It is intended for those undertaking the role of a fire marshal in a workplace.
- Role and responsibilities of the Fire Marshal
- Fire Awareness
- Fire controls
- Understand how to use fire extinguishers
- Action to be taken in the event of a fire
- Personal emergency evacuation plans (PEEPS)
- Causes of fire and how fire spreads
- Classes of fire and methods of extinction
- Fire risk assessment
- Fire prevention methods
- Fire drills
- Firefighting equipment
- Communicating with the emergency services
For group bookings – The delivery of this course can be tailored to meet the needs of the organisation.